Coming soon but in the meantime:
1. VERY IMPORTANT
- It is ILLEGAL to sell Alcohol to anyone under 18. Ask for ID if in doubt. Record on the sheets in the handbook if you have had to refuse a sale.
- It is ILLEGAL to sell goods after their use by dates so please watch out for “out of date” stock.
- DO NOT sell more than TWO packets of 16 Paracetemol tablets in one sale. The shop keeps to a voluntary code of conduct that means we can sell a maximum of 32 tablets at a time.
- You should be aware of the panic alarm buttons and fire alarm system.
3. CUSTOMER ORDERS
- If a customer wants to place an order for goods, e.g. bread, fish etc, please take the details and their name and phone number, add it to the reserved items list and tell Susanna or Elizabeth.
- Make sure it is obvious whether it is a one off order or whether it is a regular order and mark the sheet accordingly.
- When stocking the shelves always place the newest stock at the back.
- Eggs must not be sold from a week before the date on the box.
5. DAY BOOK
- Check and use the day-book for messages.
6. ICE CREAM FREEZER
- Please check regularly that the lid remains tightly closed.
7. NOTICE BOARDS
- When taking adverts for the notice board they must be dated – with the date the customer has paid up to. E.g. if a notice comes in 21st January for one month, mark it “paid until 21/2”. Otherwise we don’t know when to take it out.
- The prices for notices are on the wall behind the till. Please try not to take adverts larger than a postcard.
- Notices for local events are free and go in the left hand notice board if space allows.
- The shop has to pay for the collection of our trade refuse. Please keep the clean paper, polythene, and non-recyclable rubbish separate.
- There are polythene refuse sacks in the large bin in the toilet.
- Any cardboard boxes should be flattened and stored in the left hand outside cupboard.
- Remember to sign on to the till at the start of your shift and sign off when you leave.
- When a Loyalty Card is redeemed, it must be dated and have the customer’s name on it.
- When giving cash-back on a Debit Card transaction, the customer should sign both copies of the transaction slip as confirmation that they have received the cash.
If you have any problems and need to contact a member of the Shop Committee, their contact details are on the notice board in the Stock Room.